simple hit counter

For some reason, parts of this blog don't display right in Internet Explorer, so use Firefox for optimal viewing.

יום שלישי, יוני 06, 2006

The next step

There have been several small steps in the decision making process about going to Israel this summer. While today's step probably would be seemingly insignificant to many many people, I think its a huge step. No, it wasn't telling the guy I'm working for that I'm accepting his offer (that happened about 10 days ago). No, it wasn't even booking my ticket on Israir, because who knows what they'd let me do, I could technically cancel it, they are a silly airline with strange rules. SOOOO, what was it might you ask?

About a month ago amidst all the e-mails from Yavneh Olami there was one telling me about their online confirmation form. At that stage in the game, I still didn't know what internship I would be doing, nor was I even as lucky to begin discussing them the options they later gave me, I was completely in the dark. Nevertheless, I clicked onto the page immediately after reading the email. It was asking for the typical information, much of which I couldn't answer. Of course they wanted to know what day I booked my flight for and if I'd even accepted my internship position, or how often I'd like to attend shiurim during the course of the summer. Well, now with the majority of obstacles behind me, I did finally fill out that form. I stated I would attend the opening shabbaton (yay for getting to go to somewhere cool like the Golan or something!) and say I'm not interested in a dairy meal plan (ewwwwwww milchig "catered" food sucks...to be honest.) Now, I'm really going. I can't turn back after I submit my confirmation form. Its like a pact with Yavneh. Although I still have many more things on my "Summer To-Do list" taped to the side of my monitor, I think now I really know I'm going. I still have to book a flight to New York (anyone wanna visit me, I'll be at JFK for a 5-ish hours on 6/22!?!?) I also have to send in my money, which I am sure Yavneh is patiently awaiting, but not big deal, they got everyone else's money so they don't need mine yet.

In other news, my sister got back from Israel yet. She's living the good life, senior trip to Israel, camp for a month, and then back to Israel again for the year, if only I were that lucky. Oh, and since my efforts at getting a temporary summer job (ya know, I need to make some quick cash to pay for the most expensive summer of my life) utterly failed, there is one bright spot. I will be babysitting most of the day tomorrow for 2 different families, so call me and say hi, cuz I will need a calm voice to help me not go crazy with all the kids running around!!!

Oh, and also last thursday before Shavuout I watched a 1/2 hour of the National Spelling Bee and two of the words were hechsher and yizkor! See, Jews still do control the world! My mom still argues that its not fair since those aren't English words, but I think its hilarious.